Monday, January 9, 2012

Seizures #4 & #5

So tonight we decided to be lazy and get something to eat.  Eva was not herself tonight.  She was a little disoriented and was not very hungry.  She almost seemed slightly halucenagentic (sp).  Before we left she felt like she had a slight fever.  We rushed home and I took her temp. Sure enough, she was 102.3.  I gave her a dose of tylenol and ibuprofen at 7:15.  At 7:18, she had a 3 minute seizure.  We called the doctor because she was sleeping and shivering and the doctor told us to swaddle her to get her warm again and shivering was normal for such a drop in temperature.  From 7:30 - until 8:15, I kept her on my chest keeping her warm.  Her heart rate seemed more normal and the shivering was gone.  I put the others to bed.  At 9:02, she again had another seizure.  This one lasted less than two minutes.  We again put a cold washcloth over her head but this time no shivering.  Called the doctor again and she said to give her the ibuprofen now and alternate every two hours.  I guess the over the counter stuff is not near as strong as the hospital medication - which is really a no-brainer.  I don't want to take her to the hospital because I am much more calmer now than when the first three happened.  It also helps when Scott's home too.  Some of you  - please  -  we are in good spirits.  Your panic just excells the older sisters.  Everything will be fine.  We just have to keep thinking that :) Hopefully (knock on wood) we will have no more tonight.

No comments: