Tuesday, January 10, 2012

ER visit follow up

So last night we had two seizures.  This morning I checked her temperature and it was again at over 103.  I gave her the double dose at 7:15.  She was in this staring daze - almost like hypmotized (sp) for a while but kept tensing her fists and kicking a leg up every now and then.  Called the family dr and they weren't quite sure what I wanted - and really neither did I.  I just wanted her back to her normal.  Anyway, after another call, I was directed to just go to the ER.  We did just that at 8:05.  She was still tense.  I want to say now that it was a "stiff seizure" and it lasted for quite some time - at least until I got to the ER.  The nurses seemed a bit concerned with the blue lips and constant bubbling at the mouth.  Her fever - 95.7.  They placed warming blankets over her and was in and out of sleep - even through the five nurses getting blood samples, putting iv in her, taking rectal temperatures, blood pressure checks, you name it - she slept.  She was just exhausted. She finally did wake up around 12p.  Normal lunch time for us.  She was hungry and thirsty.  We gave her some apple juice and I had some cheerios and chex cereal.  After about 45 minutes - she decided to vomit all over me.  Fun.   They also bagged her to get a uhrine sample - they never work.  I know this first hand because she peed on me too.  I just stink. So all in all, they ended up diagnosing her with viral bronchiolitis.  There is no medication for this -just viral.  That horrible word - viral.  Where you can't do a damb thing but just weigh it out. They said I can give her tylenol and motrim alternating if she continues to have a fever.  Frusterating.  So I have to follow up with my neurologist tomorrow and with my family dr on friday.  I continue to ask myself the question over and over to myself - will this ever end?  I guess the four letter word will let us know - time.

No comments: